This is one of those posts you can’t do much about…what you have to do, is file the information away in your brain so that in the future, perhaps the very near future, when Israel remembers how to defend itself and finally says enough…we will act.
And much of the world will be stupefied. I love that word…stupefied. It means…duh, how the heck did you miss that this was going to happen?
In the last 30 hours in Israel…
- A short time ago, a man was murdered. He was fixing a fence that separates Israel from Gaza and Palestinians opened fire on the civilian…and killed him. In the civilized world, that’s called cold-blooded murder.
- As a response – Israel told its civilians to stay away from the border fence…gee, there’s a great response.
- A police office was stabbed in the back last night by a Palestinian. Now, that might not be considered cold-blooded murderer…because thankfully, the man didn’t die but stabbing someone in the back…yeah, that’s cold and it’s also cowardly.
- A firebomb was thrown at an Israeli vehicle…
- A rocket was fired and crashed in Ashkelon, thankfully, no injuries.
- A mortar was fired from Gaza as well.
- A bomb was placed on a bus in Bat Yam…only a police officer attempting to defuse the bomb was injured…because the passengers noticed a suspicious object and told the bus driver. He quickly evacuated the bus…likely saving his own life and that of his 12 passengers.
- Arabs attempted to attack/stab guards near the Mishor Adumim checkpoint – the guards noticed that the Arabs were armed and took action, capturing the Arabs while avoiding injury.
So…what happened to you over the last 30 hours?
Oh…and when Israel wakes up and takes action…please don’t tell us you never heard about these incidents, that we were not provoked, not attacked. Don’t tell us that our response is disproportional. Had the missile hit, had the bomb gone off, had the knife entered the police officer’s body a few millimeters to the left or right…
Today, an Israeli was murdered in cold-blood; yesterday an Israeli was stabbed in cold-blood. A few short hours before, a bomb was planted on a bus…
What’s new here? Truthfully, not much…and that, that is the point here.
Latest update: As of a short while ago, Israeli jets were bombing military targets in Gaza, including a Hamas training camp.